RARA-AVIS: John D. MacDonald and Pale Gray for Guilt

From: Richard Sawicki ( rsawicki@amherstcu.net)
Date: 24 Feb 2003

I love it when the subject of Travis McGee and jazz comes up. There are instances in the McGee novels where he goes on at length about Steve and Edie and what great singers that they are. he also rants about quadraphonic stereo and how he hates it because "I'm over here and the musicians are supposed to be over there, dammit!" I can't help but wonder what he would have thought of mega digital windowsxp superdolby 5.1a globular surround sound?

The part I like is that in true guy-dom he lets us know that he marches to his own jazz beat and no one else's. it's just that his beat marches right down the middle of the road.

Cheers, Rich

 Subject: RARA-AVIS: 1960s: Pale Gray for Guilt