Re: RARA-AVIS: Noir music -- Johnny Paycheck

From: Kerry Schooley ( gsp.schoo@skylinc.net)
Date: 21 Feb 2003

At 11:09 PM 20/02/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I just read that Johnny Paycheck died on the 18th. Not being much of a
>country fan, I'm not familiar enough with his music to comment on
>whether or not it's noir, but I figure anyone who shot another man in
>the head in an argument over eating turtle meat was probably pretty damn
>hardboiled.

"Take This Job and Shove It" must have been the theme song for every ex-cop and agency dick who hung out his/her own shingle, surely. Personally, when I was employable, I used to hum it on my way to work each May first.

Best Kerry

------------------------------------------------------ Literary events Calendar (South Ont.) http://www.lit-electric.com The evil men do lives after them http://www.murderoutthere.com