Re: RARA-AVIS: Noir music -- Johnny Paycheck

From: Sidney Allinson ( sidneya@shaw.ca)
Date: 20 Feb 2003

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm confused. (More than usual, I mean.) I joined RaraAvis because I understood it to be a group discussion of writers and writing of hardboiled detective fiction. Yet during the couple of months I've observed, there is scant mention here of writing books or stories. Instead, there is an apparently interminable chat about how much "noir" can be found on the head of a pin, and lots of chat about movies. Now, oddly enough, folks are starting a debate on music.
'Seems an awful long way away from the purported focus of the group.
-- Sidney Allinson.