RARA-AVIS: Gruber: Lochte

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 18 Feb 2003

Dick Lochte wrote: Bill, et al, don't hesitate in sampling Gruber's fiction, especially the Johnny Fletcher-Sam Cragg novels of which "The French Key" is the first and one of the best... Gruber's Simon Lash novels are more hardboiled, but not quite as entertaining.

**************** Thanks, Dick. I'm going for THE FRENCH KEY and the first Simon Lash. According to Gruber, his FRENCH KEY won an award for best mystery novel of the year and the reviews were overwhelmingly positive. If I recall correctly, Gruber's landlord in New York City used one of those French keys on him when he was in arrears on his rent.

Like any good book, I find myself thinking back to the incidents in PULP JUNGLE days after I finished it.

miker