RARA-AVIS: Willeford play

From: Moorich2@aol.com
Date: 17 Feb 2003

If this has been discussed here, I missed it. In Sunday's New York Times there is word that the play "High Priest of California" will open on Wednesday February 19th at the 29th Street Rep. "An adaptation by Charles Willeford of his novel of the same name about a used-car salesman who is involved with a young married woman, set in 1953 San Francisco. With David Mogentale and Carol Sirugo. Directed by Leo Farley." The Times notes that the play is due to close March 29th.

This is exciting as Willeford did the adaptation. I recall from the Don Herron book that Willeford had considerable experience in the theater going all the way back to his days in the service.

This is a good reason to manage a business trip to New York in the next few weeks.

Richard Moore