RARA-AVIS: Film Noir Style, Noir Content

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Feb 2003

Noir Content -- Not film noir style,
"Chinatown" the film is was far too "bright."

Film noir Style and Noir Content, also in color
--"Seven." Several police detectives have told me that you almost never go into a murder scene that isn't dark.

"It's a Wonderful Life" had interesting juxtaposed the noir with non-noir style based on the content of each scene.

But I can't think of and film with noir style but not noir content. Can anybody out there think of an example?

Jack Bludis

===== http://JackBludis.com Hollywood Mysteries of the Early Fifties