RARA-AVIS: noir again

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 Feb 2003

Mark Sullivan said{

>>However, I would say that the streets down
which Marlowe and Spade (and the Continental Op) walk are pretty noir, even if the hero tries
(with varying degrees of sucess) to stay out of the gutter. Perhaps they are called in by clients whose worlds are going dark?<<

Was there ever a more screwed character than Moose Malloy? Although he wasn't the lead, he was the instigator of *Fairwell My Lovely*

And Miker said about me saying that his defintion of noir was ten words too long --

>>That's the author in you showing through, Jack.
After reading Gruber's THE PULP JUNGLE, I realize that authors have a fetish about word count.<<

LOL and Touchee.

Jack

===== http://JackBludis.com Hollywood Mysteries of the Early Fifties