Re: RARA-AVIS: *The Godfather*

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 09 Feb 2003

Chris Martin wrote: I wonder how he'll handle the setting since (IIRC) the novel takes place much later in the 20th century than the movies did. Or am I mistake about that?

********** I'll find out soon. I should get the movie from Netflix here soon. The main action in the movie occurs right after WWII, around 1947 and a couple years beyond. There are significant flashbacks to the Don making his fortune during Prohibition.

Interesting that they are looking for someone to write a sequel. I coulda swore Puzo wrote several.

miker