Re: RARA-AVIS: ARCs

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Feb 2003

About two yeasr ago I received an electronic ARF (advance reading file) of a novel in which someone postauthorial (a postauthorus, let's spell it out) had allowed a spellchecker to automatically replace supposedly misspelled words. The results were hilarious, particularly in the colloquial bits, which had lots of words that "don't exist". I soon got the original "dirty" version, which was the good one and didn't have a single spelling error. This ARF was good for a lot of jokes. The author told me later that, mysteriously, the printed book had *yet another* small series of spelling errors, presumably the work of another postauthorus.

Yet another reason why cloning will never work as intended.

Regards,

MrT