Re: RARA-AVIS: What's the difference?

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 25 Jan 2003

On 25 January 2003, Al Guthrie wrote:

: Just finished Charles Willeford's "The Difference" and, once again, I'm
: left reeling. I noticed the copyright date was 1999 and, in the edition
: I read, it states "A different version of this book was published in
: 1971 by Lenox Hill Press as "The Hombre From Sonora" by Will Charles."
: I wondered if anyone can tell me whether the two versions are
: substantially different to warrant seeking out the earlier one.

The text is identical, as far as I know, and there's no mention of any differences in Don Herron's book on Willeford. Crown published THE BURNT ORANGE HERESY in 1971, and they didn't want Lennox Hill Press, which they owned, publishing a book by the same writer at the same time.

Bill