Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Richard Price

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Jan 2003

<<And speaking of Scorsese, I'm still not sure how I feel about the ambitious and defiantly over-the-top GANGS OF NEW YORK (though DiCaprio was woefully miscast), but the soundtrack definitely kicked.>>

Scorsese is so far above the average level in American cinema (actually, he has been sitting at the top for quite a while) that even his relative failures are worthwhile. I, too, have some reservations, but the film is highly recommendable. Scorsese puts on a quality act. The subject, of course, is fascinating.

Regards,

MrT