RARA-AVIS: Izzi or iz he not (even less funny when pronounced correctly).

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 21 Jan 2003

Eugene Izzi. Twice close, and doesn't an "i" look a bit like a cigar. TM

-----Original Message----- From: Ed Lynskey [mailto: e_lynskey@yahoo.com]

--- Nicole Leclerc < lectrice@videotron.ca> wrote:
> Izzo I've never read but isn't he the one who killed himself
> a few years
> back trying to test a method of killing for one of his books
> and falling
> from his window to his death in the process? I think he's
> hardboiled.

Al, none of these names ring a bell with me. I'd be curious to see if anyone else has a bead on them. IIRC, maybe Nicole is thinking of Eugene Izzy. I remember there was a long piece in the _Washington Post_ on the weird event itself, but I readily admit I don't have a good memory of the name.