RARA-AVIS: Four for The Fifties

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 10 Jan 2003

Mark wrote:

> So, what was the scene, the one with the Hare Krishna guy at
> the airport? If so, it was Miami Blues.

The ribald scene I'm thinking of occurs early in one of the Hoke Mosely novels concerning a male dog and his "accommodating" owner. Was the dog's name Rex? Willeford's humor just sneaks up on you in the narrative, very much like Harry Crews (who blurbed the dj to COCKFIGHTER, iirc).

Ed Lynskey

=====