Re: RARA-AVIS: The Greatest of Them All?

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 10 Jan 2003

Mario wrote:

"Pronzini's generation of hardboiled writers (which includes, Estleman, Lutz, Greenleaf, Lyons, Doolittle, among other worthy writers) does not get the recognition it deserves."

Not saying he doesn't deserve it, but I think Estleman certainly gets a lot more recognition than those others who, I agree, are also deserving. It's nice to see Arthur Lyons on that list. I really miss his books, along with those by Ben Kantner and Benjamin Schutz.

Mark