RARA-AVIS: De Mexico

From: Moorich2@aol.com
Date: 08 Jan 2003

In a message dated 1/8/03 12:52:53 AM Eastern Standard Time, owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca writes:

<< As far as I know, nobody knows whether
 de Mexico (also the author of the highly collectible
 Marijuana Girl) isa real name or a pen name. If it's a pen
 name, two people (including Larry Shaw) have been suggested
 as possibilities.

 Bill Crider >>

Shaw was born in 1924 so he was twenty when that first novel was published. I was unaware that he had written any fiction other than a few SF short stories in If and other early 1950 mags. Do you think Noreen Shaw could shed some light on this, Bill? I lost track of her when she moved back to Cleveland.

Richard Moore