RARA-AVIS: Fw: [DOROTHYL] help for an article

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 06 Jan 2003

I'm passing on the following request from Barbara Fister, with her permission. Joy

For an article on the role of research in mysteries (intended for a special issue of Acquisitions Librarian on "Mysteries: From Conception to Consumption") I would love to hear from readers who have opinions.
     What I'd like is any thoughts on why research is important from a reader's perspective, or whether it's an unimportant bore, or whether you've learned something from reading mysteries (not necessarily how to bump off Uncle Eustace and get away with it) or any other thoughts you might have on the subject as a mystery reader.
    Please send your thoughts, if you're so moved, to bfister@hickorytech.net and let me know if it's okay to quote you for attribution--which, if your deceased Uncle Eustace is involved you may want to avoid. Since the deadline is... oh, so that's what that whooshing sound was...well, send them anyway.
     To err is human; to make deadlines is unheard of.

 Barbara Fister
 [author of] ON EDGE