RARA-AVIS: Revolver man

From: Moorich2@aol.com
Date: 01 Jan 2003

In a message dated 1/1/03 12:15:37 AM Eastern Standard Time, owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca writes:

<<
 Mark said:
> "For the record, I am more likely to reach for a revolver."

 Trevanian's Hemlock (Eiger Sanction, etc.) preferred a revolver, too. Hit a
 dud and just
 pull the trigger again. Automatic and you gotta jack it. That's an
 uncomfortable pause,
 to say the least. Automatics will jam even on one that fires. >>

Actually, Mike, I am the revolver man. Don't know what Mark prefers. In truth, if I had need of a home defense weapon (which has never happened), the best choice would be a shotgun loaded with buck. It is self-correcting for flinch-fires and other problems that arise in moments of high tension. Also there is something suitably nasty about the sound of a pump shotgun chambering a shell. The sound might be all a homeowner would need.

Oh, I asked my friend about the Glock and he said they did eject straight to the side. Unless there is some point I am missing, that seems like a design flaw.

Richard Moore