RARA-AVIS: Chandler shorts vs longs

From: MatCoward@aol.com
Date: 01 Jan 2003

<< Did I miss out on this? I think Mat was being facetious, wasn't he? Hmm?

I was being a little provocative, perhaps ... but (although I love his novels, too) I do feel the shorts have greater impact; and that his various faults are more obvious at full-length. Mind you - as I think I've said here before - I think he was a better letter-writer than he was anything else.
- Mat C <A HREF=" http://hometown.aol.co.uk/matcoward/myhomepage/newsletter.html"> http://hometown.aol.co.uk/matcoward/myhomepage/newsletter.html>