RARA-AVIS: Ejected casings--additional thought

From: Moorich2@aol.com
Date: 31 Dec 2002

Earlier I posted a comment on the impact recoil would have on the casing trajectory when firing semi-auto pistols. Here is one other point I should have mentioned. Most semi-automatic pistols that I am familiar with do not have a straight to the side ejection. The casing arcs upward as well as to the side. My common sense guess as to the reason is that otherwise a soldier or cop would be ejecting shells into anyone standing next to him/her. That's most likely a comrade so better to have an ejection trajectory that travels up as well as to the side.

Richard Moore