RARA-AVIS: DAMES, DANGER, DEATH and other anthos and collections: Denton

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 30 Dec 2002

From: William Denton

On 30 December 2002, Todd Mason wrote:

: As one pretty tired of the oft-expressed anti-short-fiction bias here at
: RA,

Oft-expressed? Surely not.

--Perhaps it just seems that way to a short-fiction booster such as myself, after today's exchange (hardly unique) between Mike and Patrick:

"The only other one on your list that I've read is _The Name is Archer_; I liked it, but I generally prefer novels to shorts.

************ Thanks, Patrick. You definitely enlightened me on THE NAME IS ARCHER. I didn't know it wasn't a novel. I'll probably let it slide."

--But I concur that a serious dip into much of what's available in short form will probably turn most folks around. Most of Ed Gorman's anthos, in fact all I've come across, are also fine arguments for the shorter forms
(and not only those, when we consider the Jim Thompson novel in the SECOND BLACK LIZARD ANTHOLOGY).