RE: RARA-AVIS: The Drowning Pool

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 30 Dec 2002

Of the titles you list, miker, I've only read ZEBRA and UNDERGROUND MAN. ZEBRA was the stronger of the two, though both were fine reads, IMO. I've put THE BARBAROUS COAST (1956) in my queue. I like the older hardboiled/raw Macdonald/Archer and the later polished/"literary" Macdonald/Archer.

BTW, does the Paul Newman movie, THE DROWNING POOL, parallel any of the novel's plot? Is it worth a look?

Ed Lynskey

=====