RE: RARA-AVIS: Out of the Past

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 29 Dec 2002

Mark wrote: Since the book Out of the Past (AKA Build My Gallows High) has come up recenlty, I thought I'd let anyone interested know that the film is scheduled on Turner Classic Movies for next Saturday, 1/4, at 10 AM Eastern.

************ Thanks, Mark. I've read that that is a real noir classic. It was a darn good book.

I'm jumping the gun a bit on Fifties month, but since we're on the subject of movies, I read Charles Williams's HOT SPOT (HELL HATH NO FURY) and then got the DVD from Netflix and it was OK. Don Johnson as Maddox and Virginia Madsen as the femme fatale. The sound track was excellent, with John Lee Hooker, Miles Davis, and Taj Mahal. The movie followed the book relatively closely.

miker