Re: RARA-AVIS: boiled xmas

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 27 Dec 2002

In a message dated 12/27/02 12:22:39 PM, MatCoward@aol.com writes:

<< Can anyone think of any classic (or just very good) crime stories set at this season? >>

Michael Connelly wrote a short Harry Bosch story a year or two ago, which may even have been written in the first person, a departure from Bosch's 3rd person novels. I believe the story was only available off Connelly's web site.

I don't know if Roderick Thorp's NOTHING LASTS FOREVER is set in the Yule season, but the movie adaptation certainly was. DIE HARD became a template for a whole sub-genre of action movies which is still being mined to ever diminishing returns today.

John Lau