Re: RARA-AVIS: French stuff- Navarro (was RE: John Le Carre TTSSS - DVD's in NTSC...finally...)

From: Cinefrog ( Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 13 Dec 2002

on 12/13/02 5:51 PM, Nicole Leclerc at lectrice@videotron.ca wrote:

> I don't have any idea how TV5 works but here in Montr顬 we have had Navarro
> for several years on it. There's always talk that it will stop, some debate
> in the newspapers and then a settlement is reached and it comes back. The
> show has a faithful following here even though its showing is very
> irregular. It is indeed a very good police procedural with very good
> characterisations and stories. So Steve there may be hope for you yet!
>
> Nicole

merci also for that info...I'm jealous of you guys in Canada...on top of that when you get the dish you get the TV5,.... BUT you loose the cable CBC feed and the news from CBC which are a million miles better than anything here...except for PBS....CBC also has some great film series late at night throughout the year and I have discovered many things there ....including many 'noir' westerns like Ride in the Wirlwind of Monte Hellman...

Steve in Detroit/Ann Arbor