Re: RARA-AVIS: THE DARK TUNNEL, by Ross MacDonald 1944

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Dec 2002

Fascinating link between two of the masters of the trade, Jim. Was there ever any reconciliation and grudging respect or were they always feisty and competitive?

Ross Mac was something of a literary writer, too? I think THE BLUE HAMMER was dedicated to Eudora Welty and I saw a reference in one of his novels to Reynolds Price's book, PERMANENT ERRORS.

FWIW, I too like them both.

Ed Lynskey

<<I remember when John D. sued Ross over the use of his name,

=====