RARA-AVIS: Ellroy - X-offender?

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 10 Dec 2002

> Kevin Burton Smith wrote:
> >
> > Mark wrote:
> > I'm pretty dubious about a lot of his
> > claims. All those break-ins he boasts about, sniffing panties,
> > burglaries, etc., etc. -- I wonder if anyone has ever tried to
> > corroborate his stories? It's almost pathetic how hard he tries to
> > portray himself as a lowlife. Still, it probably impresses a lot of
> > his fans (as opposed to his readers).
> > --
> >
> > Kevin
>
> The writer of the "My Dark Places" script said that she saw
> his rap sheet, and everything was on there...
>
> dave

Dave, are you saying that Ellroy has specific convictions for panty sniffing on his police record? Pardon my ignorance of US legalities (in my defence it is an incredibly complicated topic. You guys have got many more jurisdictions than we' ve got cities where I live) but would that mean that Ellroy would have to be registered as a sex offender?

Rene

Rene