RE: RARA-AVIS: The Marlowe Paradigm

From: Anthony Dauer ( anthony.dauer@verizon.net)
Date: 07 Dec 2002

There's your copying reference, Al. Sorry, if I accused you by using different words for the same thing. The inference is that if George Pelecano's was influenced by Chandler that you'd be able to see it in
"Hell To Pay" ... well, if what you're seeing isn't the same as copying then the OED needs to be revised as well as the rest of the English language dictionaries.

--
Anthony Dauer
Alexandria, Virginia

Don't let the skirts fool you these aren't ladies, they're femme fatales ...
http://www.adau.net/judas_ezine/
-----Original Message----- From: Al Guthrie Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2002 6:04 AM
Recently I read George "Ameba" Pelecanos's "Hell To Pay" without detecting the slightest trace of Chandler's alleged omnipotence.