RARA-AVIS: Erle Gardner

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 29 Nov 2002

K Montin wrote: Erle Stanley Gardner, This Is Murder (1935) This time our hero is an ad man! Sam Moraine happens to be playing poker with his friend the DA and his investigator (note the absence of a defence lawyer) when they are called out to talk to a woman whose sister is missing--she fears murdered by her husband.

******* That's interesting, K. I recall an earlier post mentioning a pre-Perry Mason protagonist occurring in a few Black Mask
(?) stories, but I didn't know that he much besides Perry Mason stories once he got started on them.

I thought CASE OF THE VELVET CLAWS was entertaining and might try a few more of the early ones one of these days.

miker