RARA-AVIS: "The Scorched Face" & Richard S. Prather's other PI?

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 26 Nov 2002

I finished Hammett's short story, "The Scorched Face," and was struck by his use of the big creepy house where the story ends. _The Dain Curse_ also made use of similar type of house.

Richard S. Prather in _Dagger of Flesh_ employs a PI named Mark Logan, even though DJ copy advertises his Shell Scott protag. It was a good rowdy read using 1950s take on "hypnosis" to propel its murder plot.

The big problem I have with older pbs is the binding coming unglued. I really don't want to loose any of the pages.

Ed Lynskey

=====