RE: RARA-AVIS: Ellroy

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 22 Nov 2002

Joy wrote; So, again, what's the best fiction that's not too historical to try?

*********** Notice that I changed your question?

Everything I've read by him has had historical elements in it. My suggestion is AMERICAN TABLOID. You might like it. You might hate it. Its historical tie-in is the Kennedy era. I really liked Pete Bondurant. I believe this was the first truly hardboiled book I ever read.

If you toss out you nonhistorical requirement, then THE BLACK DAHLIA is the book to read.

I didn't answer your question earlier because you directed it specifically to Kevin.

miker