Re: RARA-AVIS: Perry on RAYMOND CHANDLER: COLLECTED STORIES

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 18 Nov 2002

On 18 November 2002, Brian Thornton wrote:

: This paragraph also makes me think of what it would have taken for the
: quote from Chandler to have been written by Ellroy. Let me editorialize:
:
: "It was floored with a multi-hued sewer and a cesspool bubbling just
: beneath the surface. It was so inviting to someone like me, it made me
: want to lie down and roll."

Or how about:

"The lobby was big. The carpet was blue. There was rubber under it. It was soft. I lay down. I rolled around. CRAAAAAZY."

Bill