RE: RARA-AVIS: Seriously about Don Pendleton now

From: Ray Skirsky ( rskirsky@qualcomm.com)
Date: 18 Nov 2002

At 06:47 AM 11/18/2002 -0500, miker wrote:

>That's incredible, Ray. I consider it a good week if I
>I make it through three books. I figured that maybe the
>first few might be better than the rest. I might try
>and locate the first two or three.

The Executioner books are very light reading. You can go through one in about an hour to hour and a half if you're a reasonably fast reader. I also got an Ebay lot of the first seventy "Death Merchant" books. I only got to #8 before I couldn't take any more. So, based on the metric
"books-until-you've-cant-take-anymore". The Executioner series is about seven times better than the Death Merchant (54 books to 8). The mind boggles at the concept of a long series seven times worse than the Executioner :-).

I believe examples from the Death Merchant series are liberally represented in
"Gun in Cheek" and "Son of Gun in Cheek."

Ray