Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Comics

From: jjnevins@ix.netcom.com
Date: 15 Nov 2002

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:29:01 EST BaxDeal@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/14/02 7:28:34 PM,
> DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net writes:
>

> I was mentioning Stray Bullets in a long post
> and my computer crashed.
> didn't feel like going thru the exercise again.
> I'd also recommend BADLANDS
> by Steven Grant and Vince Giarrano; WHITE OUT
> by Greg Rucka and Steve Lieber;
> as well as Howard Chaykin's BIG BLACK KISS.

Not exactly sure how hard-boiled you'd call it, but Paul Grist's KANE were damn fine crime comics. (They're about a cop who discovers his partner's on the take and in trying to arrest him is forced to shoot him. On the day he returns to the force the other cops give him bullets with his name carved in them. So Kane has to deal with his fellow officers' distrust of him as well as the crime war breaking out in the city.)

jess