Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Comics

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 Nov 2002

Kevin,

Re your comments below:

> Of course, most of these comics can also be tracked
> down by
> individual copies, if you've got the patience.
> Individual copies of
> Ms. Tree might be worth it for the letters page
> alone. It's like an
> early version of this list, almost. In fact, that's
> where I first
> came across the feverish but always interesting
> rantings of Big Jim
> Doherty.

My God! Somebody remembers those! Though I grew up reading comics, I never wrote an LOC. Actually the letters that wound up in MS. TREE's letter column
(called SWAK! if memory serves) were personal letters to Al that he coopted for use in the comic book.

"Feverish but always interesting." Hmmmm. I'll take it as a compliment.

> Hmmm... Max Allan Collins would be a good person to
> join this list,
> but in the time it would take him to write a post,
> he could probably
> whip off a book or two.

I'm not sure, but I think he lurks.

JIM DOHERTY