RARA-AVIS: RE:Howard Hunt

From: Dick Lochte ( dlochte@adelphia.net)
Date: 14 Nov 2002

IMO, Hunt wrote a very good series under the penname Robert Dietrich.
"House on Q Street," "Angel Eyes," "Murder on the Rocks" and others feature D.C. accountant Steve Bentley. Well-plotted, witty dialogue. It's been a while since I've read them, but remember enjoying them very much. That was before I knew that Dietrich was Hunt. Don't know if that knowledge would make any difference either way. As I recall, the books were sort of a mix of Chandler wiseguy dialogue with Ross Thomas' knowledge of how things work.

Dick Lochte