Re: RARA-AVIS: Earl Drake question

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 12 Nov 2002

On 12 November 2002, Mbdlevin@aol.com wrote:

: I've got a bead on some Dan Marlowe - Earl Drake Operation books. I
: remember someone saying here that they really fall apart. Are the
: earlier ones (or any of them) good? The titles I saw were from I think
: about 1967 to 1973.

The first one is great, and you don't want to miss it. The second one's good too. After that they get worse, and it seems to be just a matter of how far you make it before you give up. I read OPERATION FIREBALL (the third one) first, and liked it, but I read later one recently and that did it for me. THE NAME OF THE GAME IS DEATH, the first one, is from 1962, so they probably don't have it. Depending on how much they cost, buy the earliest one(s) and see how you like it.

Bill