Re: RARA-AVIS: A Pig in Mud

From: Karen Anderson ( karenand@mac.com)
Date: 10 Nov 2002

From: Karen Anderson < karenand@mac.com> Date: Sat Nov 9, 2002 9:35:27 AM US/Pacific To: rara-avis@icomm.ca Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: A Pig in Mud

Bill Crider wrote:
> That Perelman essay has been discussed here
> before, but I don't know if anyone has mentioned where to
> find it. It was originally published in The New Yorker, I
> believe, and it's been reprinted often.

Perelman essays are listed at http://contento.best.vwh.net/mags/l51.html
"Somewhere a Roscoe" is in the 1993 book edited by Michael Dibdin (a fine crime fiction writer himself). And "Farewell, My Lovely Appetizer" is reprinted in The Defective Detective, ed. Steve Carper, Citadel Press, 1992 According to http://members.tripod.com/~DBFox/sitenoirindex.html
"Somewhere a Roscoe" is also in Russell Baker's Book of American humor, along with Woody Allen's "A Look at Organized Crime."

--Karen

********************* Karen G. Anderson Contributing Editor January Magazine www.januarymagazine.com

karenand@mac.com