Re: RARA-AVIS: At the Bookstore

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 Nov 2002

--- James Reasoner < james53@flash.net> wrote:
> I was passing by a Half Price Books yesterday and
> had one of those moments
> where I debated with myself whether I even wanted to
> go in. I almost
> didn't. But I decided to look around for a
> minute.

You just never know. I live near a thrift store in Philly, and I check there once in awhile, just because....you never know. And the last visit I got THE ART STUDIO MURDERS by Edward S. Aarons (had been looking for that forever); QUILLER BARRACUDA by Hall
(not supposed to be that good but still, it's a Quiller); another spy novel, written by E. Howard Hunt under the David St. John pseudonym; Stephen Marlowe's DRUMBEAT -- MARIANNE; and, best of all, absolutely mint (I mean, they look like they were bought and put on a shelf) copies of DEATH OF A CITIZEN and THE WRECKING CREW, both by Donald Hamilton of course. All at fifty cents a pop.

You just never know.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com