RE: RARA-AVIS: Sanctuary, God's Little Acre, Tobacco Road

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 06 Nov 2002

Jack Bludis wrote: I never read "Sanctuary." I'll go back and give it a try. I remember "God's Little Acre." Now I have a reverse question that somebody asked yesterday. Since I never read "Tobacco Road," is it worth reading if I've already read GLA?

*********** It's tricky trying to figure out what to read and what to skip, isn't it? Ain't enough time to read everything that looks interesting. I wish I could recover the time I spent recently reading Graham Greene's ORIENT EXPRESS.

I haven't read GOD'S LITTLE ACRE, but I've got a gut-level feeling that many of Caldwell's backwoods books are similar in theme. If you absolutely hunger for more of the same, go for it. Otherwise, the bottom line I'm pushing is: Read SANCTUARY. Skip TOBACCO ROAD.

miker