Re: RARA-AVIS: Hammett's THE MALTESE FALCON: Robison

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 03 Nov 2002

Todd wrote:
> You don't get into Spade's head except through what you can intuit, or
what
> he seems to tell you. Hence its potential to be made into a superb film on
> the third try.

************* I went back through FALCON last night while the family was watching Jodie Foster in Panic Room. My memory definitely needed refreshing. I hadn't even remembered that it was written third person. And I seemed to remember some internal thoughts of Sam's regarding Iva and Brigid. I was wrong.

I'm watching Ride the Pink Horse right now. Quite a bit different from Hughes's book. Pila looks pretty damn hot for a 14-year-old.

miker