RARA-AVIS: Bouchercon Noir Panel & Cape Fear Noir Panel

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Oct 2002

Jim Doherty is right about the lively discussion we had on the noir panel, with a lot of give and take with the audience.

At the Cape Fear Crime Festival, I had the pleasure of moderating a different noir panel which included Stuart Kaminsky, Richard Helms and Cornelius Lahane.

We had an audience of interestested but not quite a rabid noir fans as at bouchercon.

Each panel was different but each was enjoyable and informative.

My thanks to Jim for calling attention to this.

The great thing about noir and hardboiled, I think, is that each reader and each writer has his own take on it.

It's almost like politics and religion only with more diverse opinions.

But as far as I know, friendships are not lost over the noir/hardboiled discussions. They are sometimes solidified by the recognition that we are each entitled to look at it in a different way, no matter how adamantly we argue our point.

Jack Bludis

===== Now available by Jack Bludis: THE BIG SWITCH http://designimagegroup.com/bigswitch.html THE DEAL KILLER http://designimagegroup.com/dealkiller.html Also available at BN.com and Amazon.com