RARA-AVIS: The pros of cons

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 25 Oct 2002

The award-winning Bill wrote:

>The bad news is that I didn't meet many rara-avians. I
>finally got a chance to talk with Jim Doherty for a while in
>the hospitality suite, and I talked to Gary Warren Niebuhr
>on several occasions, but I think everyone else was avoiding
>me.

I know I was. That's why I didn't go, just in case.

But maybe next year, and I'll definitely be at Left Coast Crime. Hell, why not? I've never had a bad time at a con, and getting to meet you guys is always a trip.

Reading and writing are such solitary pastimes. And yet, most of us are pretty sociable folks. I wonder if the internet and lists like this one have changed the face of cons? Any of you con vets notice any difference?

Oh, and ...

>... now if you want to know what the strip clubs, S&M
>Leather shop, or massage pallor is I can help you off list. ;)

Pallor? Hmmm... I think you're spending a little too much time indoors, Anthony. You should really consider getting out in the sun a bit more.