Re: RARA-AVIS: Cain, Brown, and Anderson ?

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 23 Oct 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robison Michael R CNIN" < Robison_M@crane.navy.mil> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 10:50 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Cain, Brown, and Anderson ?

> I'm attempting to break my aversion to short stories
> because it's evident that I'm missing out on a lot of
> good stuff. I've read Paul Cain's FAST ONE, and I'm
> wondering if anybody can give me some feedback on his
> SEVEN SLAYERS book of short stories, and whether they
> liked them and how they compare to his novel.

It's been nearly 20 years since I've read both of them, miker, but I recall enjoying SEVEN SLAYERS almost as much as FAST ONE. Somebody,
(same folk who put out the Fred Brown omnibus?) is bringing out an expanded version titled, appropriately enough, FOURTEEN SLAYERS. If you haven't already bought 7 SLAYERS, it might be worth awaiting this ed. Rene