Re: RARA-AVIS: James Cain

From: Charlie Williams ( cs_will@hotmail.com)
Date: 18 Oct 2002

>It was a long time ago, but I remember enjoying >SERANADE. It's on my
>(impossibly long) list of rereads.

Also liked Serenade. Utterly different to the spare feel of Postman. Cain takes his time with it. He is trying to get at a different gamut of emotions, I think, and right across it. I did get the impression he was making it up as he went along (unlike Postman and DI), but that's good.

Certainly not HB, but there's noir in here. I recommend it.

---
Charlie Williams

_________________________________________________________________ Unlimited Internet access -- and 2 months free!  Try MSN. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/2monthsfree.asp