RE: RARA-AVIS: movie questions: Robison

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 15 Oct 2002

Miker, don't forget your local library. Many libraries carry videos of silent films. Last year I borrowed a handsome edition of Keaton's films, all beautifully restored. Some shorts are quite rare and I had never seen them. Others, I had only seen in tattered copies.

Speaking of libraries, they are an easy way to get into a genre or subgenre. No need to spend a fortune when you are exploring. And many books are not keepers, so you save yourself the shelf space. For example, I have never bought a Lawrence Sanders book, but I've read most of them in library copies.

Speaking of something else entirely: have Bradbury's stories from the pulps ever been collected? I recall reading at least one hardboiled story by him, a very good one.

Regards,

MrT