RARA-AVIS: Book Rescue Finds

From: Larry Newton ( ldnewton2@attbi.com)
Date: 11 Oct 2002

I'm employed as a Recycling Coordinator for a county outside of Chicago. Twice a year, I look forward to an event we call a "book rescue" whereby residents and schools drop off books at a central location. They can then pick through the books left behind. Any books leftover are recycled.

Here are the one's I picked up today (I love this event):

The Big, Bad City (Ed McBain) Romance (Ed McBain) Miss Lonelyhearts & the Day of the Locust (Nathaneal West) Spill the Jackpot (A.A. Fair) Wolf in the Shadows (Marcia Muller) Till the Butchers Cut Him Down (Marcia Muller) The Iranian Hit (Don Pendleton) Archer in Jeopardy & Archer at Large (Ross MacDonald) LaBrava (Elmore Leonard) The Ax (Donald Westlake) and A Woman's Eye (Sara Paretsky, editor)

I'm working again on Sunday. . . can't wait to see what is left behind :-)

Larry Newton