Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: aspiring writers, take note!

From: Brian Evankovich ( brianevankovich@hotmail.com)
Date: 09 Oct 2002

Hi, Kevin. In spite of the fact that I've probably been responsible for some of the drivel you've recieved at Thrilling Detective, Epstein didn't touch much of a nerve at all. He merely echoed ideas I've had for a long time. But I expected, from the "aspiring writers, take note" subject line, that it would be something useful. Considering I had to sign on the site to read the piece and everything, I found it a waste of time.

One thing I liked, though, was Epstein saying he wanted to discourage those
"with a book in them." No problem here, that means less competition for me.

As an aside, I've got an agent currently looking at my caper novel and just sold a short story to an anthology (for real money!) that will be out next year, so I'm well passed the "I've got a book in me" mindset. As for a thick skin, my day job is broadcasting, so my skin is thicker than most! <BG>

Thanks for your comment (re: I think you can write). You'll be seeing a lot of me soon. --Brian PS: Shameless self-promotion is now over