Re: RARA-AVIS: What's an apa?

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 02 Oct 2002

Joy: I wasn't around when DAPA-Em was named, but I believe the story is that the "real" name of the apa is "Elementary, My Dear APA," which somehow became DAPA-Em. Something like that. And to put in a few on-topic remarks, the apa has in the past done some nice work with hardboiled material. I remember a lengthy discussion at one time of David Goodis, which led me to read eight or ten of his books in a row and do a commentary on each one of them. I was depressed for days afterward, as I recall. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing what I said, except that it would be impossible to locate it now.

Bill Crider