RE: RARA-AVIS: The Dain Curse: 1920s HB

From: Dave Zeltserman ( davez@shore.net)
Date: 24 Sep 2002

Dain Curse (like all Hammett books + stories) is terrific. The made for TV movie had probably the worst casting possible - James Coburn as the Continental Op.

-Dave

-----Original Message----- From: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca [mailto: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca] On Behalf Of Ed Lynskey Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 3:45 PM To: rara-avis@icomm.ca Subject: RARA-AVIS: The Dain Curse: 1920s HB

I picked up Hammett's _The Dain Curse_ this afternoon. Off the bat, what surprises me is how modern-sounding the prose is. The novel doesn't have a stilted or old- fashion tone to it. I had the same reaction reading _Red Harvest_.

Ed Lynskey

=====

.