RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Troblesome JDM passages: Robison

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 16 Sep 2002

Indeed, DRESS HER IN INDIGO. The treatment of the gay male characters struck me as a bit clumsily striving-to-be-fair, but the lesbians in INDIGO and particularly in FOX are definitely in for a hard time, both in event and analysis. (I might quote from FOX, particularly, when next I have it at hand while at a computer.) TM

-----Original Message----- From: Robison Michael R CNIN [mailto: Robison_M@crane.navy.mil] Todd wrote: Then there's the ambivalence about homosexuals, harder on lesbians than gay males as I see it, which makes some passages of THE QUICK RED FOX and...PALE YELLOW FOR HER SHROUD, is it, the Mexican one?...somewhat hard to take. TM

********* He wrote a few Mexican ones, didn't he? I know that most of DRESS HER INDIGO was set in Mexico, and there were homosexual guys and girls in it, and Travis gets the pleasure of punching out both. I didn't find his treatment of homosexuals extremely heavy-handed in this book.